In accordance with the NAAC guidelines, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2009 to initiate, monitor, evaluate and report on relevant measures to upgrade the quality of teaching, learning, evaluation and research initiatives in the campus. The Centre for Academic Excellence was created to conduct faculty development programmes. The internal quality assurance cell, the centre for academic excellence and the ISO collectively took care of continually upgrading the texture of quality in the campus, in keeping with the vision and mission of the management crafted on the basis of inputs from stakeholders.
Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore was reaccredited by NAAC in the year 2016 with A grade and CGPA 3.21 out of 4. In July 2022, following the NAAC Peer Team visit for third cycle of accreditation, KCT has been awarded A++ Grade, the highest grade awarded to institutions by NAAC with KCT securing a CGPA of 3.62 on a 4 – point scale. The IQAC of Kumaraguru College of Technology since its inception, has been consistently and actively involved in quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities.
NAAC has outlined important guidelines in respect of formation of IQAC, its objectives, strategies, mechanisms, functions and benefits of such monitoring s put down below:
Objective of IQAC:
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
Mechanism of IQAC :
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
The functions of IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
NAAC – Third Cycle
List of Conferences organised from 2016 to till date
Feedback Analysis report on Curriculum from Stakeholders
Feedback Action taken report on Curriculum from Stakeholders