About the Department
The department of Mechatronics Engineering was established in the year 1999, offering B.E. in Mechatronics Engineering. The department has well developed laboratory infrastructure which bridges the gap between industry and academia. It also provides consultancy services to the industries. The department regularly invites people from the industry to interact with the faculty and students to update them with the current know how’s and also to make them understand the needs of various Industries. To prepare industry ready engineers of future, the department has a right blend of faculty members having expertise in Mechanical, Electronics and Mechatronics engineering.
From the HOD’s Desk
Dr. Saravana Mohan M,
Associate Professor & Head
In the world of miniaturization, the concept of specialization in engineering is slowly disappearing and the industry needs engineers having a clear comprehension of Mechanical, Electronics and Computing. The discipline of Mechatronics engineering has evolved to meet the very high dynamic requirements of industries and our graduates are having all the necessary attributes expected not only by the industry but also in the research and development. Since Mechatronics engineering is relatively a new discipline in India, the industry and academia started recognizing the importance of Mechatronics engineers. In a nutshell, the future is only with Mechatronics and there will be no engineering without Mechatronics. We are very proud of producing the engineers of the future and helping rewrite the definition of engineering.
The vision of the department is to achieve academic and industrial excellence in industrial automation research and innovative product development driven by Mechatronics systems.
- Impart the right blend of knowledge and skills to students and enable them to apply it in real life situations.
- Motivate the students towards interdisciplinary research to cater to the local and global needs.
- Achieve innovation in developing industrial products with social responsibility.
- MoU was signed with University of Birmingham (UoB)
- MoU was signed with Synetics Automation Solutions Pvt, Ltd. Coimbatore.
- MoU was signed with Siemens India Ltd., Coimbatore