To provide a Conducive environment for women staffs and students and to protect and safeguard their rights and to bring about growth, development, and to empower them, “Internal Complaints and Women Empowerment Committee” has been constituted at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore. This cell basically monitor all aspects pertaining to girl students and women staff members of the Institution. The following are the major activities of this committee:
- Redressal of issues of Sexual harassment for the Women Employee and girls Students in the College if any.
- To conduct gender sensitization programme for the Prevention and Prohibition of gender based violence .
- Organizing programmes which bring about attitudinal and other changes for effective participation of women from all levels.
- It undertakes, promotes and coordinates both fundamental and applied research on women and development.
- Develops and promotes (in collaboration with other agencies) educational training and action programmes for women, especially under-privileged women.
- Organizing various activities such as lectures, seminars, movies, panel discussions, elocution, role plays, games etc., promoting gender equality and gender amity and women empowerment.
Guidelines for prevention and redressal of harassment in HEI 1
Members of (ICWEC)
|Sl.No||Name of the Committee Member||Designation/Department||Category||Mobile Number||Email Address|
|1||Dr J Premalatha||Professor/Civil||Chairperson||9345386524||[email protected]|
|2||Dr U.S Shoba||Associate Professor/ Chemistry||Member – Teaching||9789501519||[email protected]|
|3||S. Jaisankar||Assistant Professor/MBA||Member – Teaching||9842233479||[email protected]|
|4||Dr B Madhumitha||Head -HR Operations||Member – Non-Teaching||9489564673||[email protected]|
|5||Ms S Vallikala||Students CounsellorKCT||Member – Non-Teaching||9842047424||[email protected]|
|6||Ms Deepalakshmi Kumaradevan||Head of Bala Shanthi Programme, Shanthi Ashram, Coimbatore||Member – NGO||9840474577||[email protected]|
|7||Ms S M Rithika (19BEC051)||Student/ ECE||Member – Student||9566373965||[email protected]|
|8||Ms.K.Giftlin Devapriya (20BEC032)||Student/ ECE||Member – Student||9488061173||[email protected]|
|9||Ms.L.Mushitha (21BEI019)||Student/ EIE||Member – Student||6385753899||[email protected]|
|10||Ms.G.Sarigha Sriram (20BEE076)||Student/ EEE||Member – Student||9962236062||[email protected]|
The Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) is reconstituted as per Section 4 All India Council for Technical Education (Gender Sensitization, Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students and Redressal of Grievances in Technical Institutions) Regulations, 2016 with the above members for a period of two academic years from 2022-23 to 2023-24.
Contact details for giving feedback / complaints on grievances/ harassments/ gender discrimination, if any :
Dr. J. PREMALATHA (Professor /Civil), Chairman (ICWEC),
Mail.id : [email protected]