About the Department
To harness the potential of textile industry in Coimbatore which is often identified with its sobriquet “Manchester of South India”, and to augment the contribution to fashion industry, Kumaraguru College of Technology started the Textile Engineering Department in the year 1995. The department has 13 professionally well qualified and highly experienced faculty members including 6 Doctoral faculty members. It is well-equipped with modern day facilities in its laboratories to provide ample opportunity to the students to explore their penchant for learning and innovation in the very supportive environment of Coimbatore.
From the HOD’s Desk
Dr. Ramesh Babu V,
Associate Professor and Head
The Department of Textile Technology is committed to generate new knowledge by engaging in avant-garde research and promoting academic growth by offering technologically advanced undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes. The department is vibrant in developing human potential to its fullest extent so that academically capable and technologically sound can emerge in a range of textile professions. The department is undertaking collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry. The department offers curriculum of International standards with excellent teaching by well experienced and highly qualified faculty, a well-equipped laboratory with state-of-the-art machinery, and by undertaking memorandums of understanding with leading textile industries at the national and international levels.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Textile Technology and Management with basic and applied research for the fulfilment of societal needs.
- Develop industry-relevant curriculum, innovative teaching, and project-based learning methods that enables students to be efficient professionals.
- Motivate Faculty to update their knowledge and skills through continuous learning.
- Provide holistic student development by creating opportunities for lifelong learning and to develop entrepreneurship skills.
- Undertake inter-disciplinary research and development/Internship/Consultancy in the field of Textile Technology to support the industry and society.
Dr. Ramesh Babu V
Associate Professor and HOD
Assistant Professor II
- Masters of Technology Management R18 Curriculum and Syllabus
- Textile Technology – R18
- Textile Technology – R17
- B.Tech.TextileTechnology R15 Curriculum and Syllabus
- B.Tech Textile Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R14
- B.Tech Textile Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R14
- B.Tech Textile Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R13
- B.Tech Textile Technology – R2009
- M.Tech Textile Technology – R13