About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in 1998 with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Information Technology. Since its inception, the department has expanded and grown in terms of dissemination of knowledge within and outside curriculum and skill development activities. The Curriculum review and modernization of the labs are conducted constantly so as to keep the students updated with the latest trends at the global level. The class rooms are well equipped with all modern electronic audio-visual facilities.
From the HOD’s Desk
Dr. Alamelu M,
Associate Professor and Head
The Department of Information Technology lays greater emphasis on training the students to achieve specialised skills in domains of their choice. The department ensures a career oriented future through Industry internships, certification courses and workshops.Industry designed courses such as Mobile applications programming, Business intelligence and its applications, Building enterprise applications are offered to make our students updated and special care is taken to encourage the young entrepreneurs with start-up ideas. The department records over 95% placements every year.Our students are encouraged to look around them to identify any social issues and our faculty guides them to develop technology for solving those issues. Winning national awards from Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology and Institute of Engineers (India) have increased the enthusiasm of our students in implementing these assistive technology projects.
The department of Information Technology aspires to become a school of excellence in providing quality education, constructive research and professional opportunities in Information Technology.
- To provide academic programs that engage, enlighten and empower the students to learn technology through practice, service and outreach.
- To educate the students about social responsibilities and entrepreneurship.
- To encourage research through continuous improvement in infrastructure, curriculum and faculty development in collaboration with industry and institutions.
- M.Tech Data Science R18
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st to 8th – R18
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R17
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th – R17
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R15
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R15
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R14
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R14
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd and 4th semester – R13
- B.Tech Information Technology 5th to 8th semesters – R13
- B.Tech Information Technology – R2009