About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in 1998 with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Information Technology. Since its inception, the department has expanded and grown in terms of dissemination of knowledge within and outside curriculum and skill development activities. The Curriculum review and modernization of the labs are conducted constantly so as to keep the students updated with the latest trends at the global level. The class rooms are well equipped with all modern electronic audio-visual facilities.
From the HOD’s Desk
Dr. Alamelu M,
Associate Professor and Head
The Department of Information Technology lays greater emphasis on training the students to achieve specialised skills in domains of their choice. The department ensures a career oriented future through Industry internships, certification courses and workshops.Industry designed courses such as Mobile applications programming, Business intelligence and its applications, Building enterprise applications are offered to make our students updated and special care is taken to encourage the young entrepreneurs with start-up ideas. The department records over 95% placements every year.Our students are encouraged to look around them to identify any social issues and our faculty guides them to develop technology for solving those issues. Winning national awards from Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology and Institute of Engineers (India) have increased the enthusiasm of our students in implementing these assistive technology projects.
The department of Information Technology aspires to become a school of excellence in providing quality education, constructive research and professional opportunities in Information Technology.
- To provide academic programs that engage, enlighten and empower the students to learn technology through practice, service and outreach.
- To educate the students about social responsibilities and entrepreneurship.
- To encourage research through continuous improvement in infrastructure, curriculum and faculty development in collaboration with industry and institutions.
- M.Tech Data Science R18
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st to 8th – R18
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R17
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th – R17
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R15
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R15
- B.Tech Information Technology 1st and 2nd semester – R14
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd to 8th semesters – R14
- B.Tech Information Technology 3rd and 4th semester – R13
- B.Tech Information Technology 5th to 8th semesters – R13
- B.Tech Information Technology – R2009
- UG – B. Tech Information Technology 4 Years (8 Semesters)
- PG – M. Tech Data Science 2 Years (4 Semesters)
B Tech (Information Technology)
Tech (Information Technology) is a skill oriented 4-year under-graduate programme and focuses on application engineering. The curriculum is flexible with professional core and electives, humanities, basic sciences, engineering sciences and open electives. Recent technologies like machine learning, Deep learning, artificial intelligence, IoT, cloud computing, data analytics, Big Data are included in the curriculum. The syllabus is designed on par with IITs and top universities to meet the current industry needs. The courses are offered in embedded mode. It also includes a semester-long project work and opportunities for internship with industries. Students are benefitted by getting good placement offers in top companies and scholarships based on merit.
M Tech (Data Science)
Tech (Data Science) is a full-time 2 year post graduate programme. Data Science is becoming one of the popular technologies in the world. This program is offered for students from various backgrounds like Mathematics, Statistics, B.E./B. Tech etc., The curriculum is designed in such a way that students can acquire the skills and talents required for a Data Scientist. The courses are in the latest technologies like machine learning, deep learning, big data, data visualization, artificial intelligence, data science, social media analytics etc. More number of practical oriented courses are offered, and the students are encouraged to take up collaborative projects with industries resulting in placement offers. Alumni are provided with financial support and meritorious students are awarded with scholarships every year.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates will have progressive learning and successful career in Information, Communication Technologies and their applications
- PEO2: Graduates will be leaders in their chosen field
- PEO3: Graduates will utilize the acquired technical skills and knowledge for the benefit of society
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Technical Skills: Apply the fundamental knowledge to develop computer based solutions in the areas related to information management and networking.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrate professionalism and ethics in managing academic/ non-academic activities as a team and an individual.
- Social Responsibility: Develop attitude to understand the societal issues and apply the acquired professional skills to provide feasible IT based solutions
PROGRAMEDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1 :Graduates of the program will be employed in industry, government and entrepreneurial endeavors to have a successful professional career.
- PEO2 :Graduates of the program will pursue higher education and /or research.
- PEO3 :Graduates of the program utilize the acquired technical skills and knowledge for the benefit of society.
- PO1 :An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- PO2 :An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- PO3 :Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Understand the various processes involved in application development in the
- Context of data science.
- PSO2: Develop realistic solutions to meet the requirements of the society and the industry using the acquired data analytics skills.
The department is having spacious laboratories, well equipped with hardware and software facilities required by the students to perform the necessary experiments as per the curriculum and above the curriculum. Experiments are designed in such a way that the students become aware of the concepts they learn in the theory sessions. The motive of the lab is to train students in latest technology trends.
The network lab is equipped with 36 computer systems to implement and experiment knowledge acquired in classrooms. The lab has a HP server to support the functionalities of the systems. The lab offers an integrated educational process in the field of computer networks, their design, administration and management. In the lab premises specialized teaching of courses and events oriented on network technologies is implemented.
Area of the lab: 111.6 sq.m
Software Engineering Laboratory
The Lab is equipped with 36 State-of-the-art Computer Systems with high-end servers. Students work on Windows and Linux platforms. Software Engineering Laboratory focuses on research and innovation of new technology especially in software process, software design and testing. The Lab pays attention on development of quality processes throughout the product life cycle. The laboratory helps to provide concrete software engineering artefacts at all stages of the software life cycle.
Area of the lab: 80.73 sq.m
Oracle Academy Laboratory
Students are exposed to various forms, types and model of database system. They learn in depth Oracle and DB2 based database management systems. Students will acquire skills to analyse business requirements and produce a viable model and implement a database to meet requirements. There are 36 computer systems to support the students in practical.
Area of the lab: 93.3 sq.m
Real Time Systems Laboratory
The RTS lab imparts hands on training with Microprocessors and re-configurable hardware technology. The lab is well equipped with basic microprocessor kits and microcontroller kits along with application development kits using RFID and FPGAs. The students get trained in development, testing and design of control and automation systems based on the 8 bit and 16 bit general and special purpose processors.
Area of the lab: 260.1 sq.m
Data Science Laboratory
The Data Science Lab is equipped with 12 computer systems which focuses on applying machine learning and data mining to real-world problems in academics, society and industry. The lab exposes students to various toolkits to upskill with new data science techniques and business-focused applications. To support projects that require a lot of computational power, a GPU machine is available, and collaborative research projects are carried on.
Area of the lab: 80.6 sq.m
Web Technology Laboratory
Students are exposed to latest web technologies to develop their projects. The lab has 15 computer systems supporting the web-based technologies. The lab is a Pearson VUE Test Centre venue to take up the certification course exams.
Area of the lab: 93.83 sq.m
The department has 5 classrooms for B. Tech(IT) and M. Tech(Data Science) students, equipped with overhead projectors and internet facility.
||Network and IoT|
Journal Publication 2020 – 2021
- Sathyavathi, S. Dhaaraani, R. Kavitha, S. Prema Arokia Mary,G. (2020). Detection of Fraudulence Activity Using Smart Cards. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(06), 4344 – 4352.
- Asvika,K.S. Vanitha.V. (2020). A deep learning Approach for Heart Disease Prediction. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 29(6). 4334 – 4343
- Kavitha,S. Seetha,R. Sathyavathi,S. (2020). Prediction of Customer Churn in Telecom Industry Using Deep Learning Techniques. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR). 7(6). 1168-1173
- Prema Arokia Mary, G. Saru Priya, K. Suganthi, N. Sathyavathi, S. (2020). Dopamine Analysis Using Multiple Machine Learning Techniques. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 29(05). 10220 – 10227.
- Baskaran,K.R. Sathyavathi,S. Kaarthickkeyan,R. Gangamanikandan, S. Harish,S. (2020). Electromyography Sensor with Virtual Reality Monitoring Muscle Activity. Test Engineering & Management. 83. 18350 -18357
- Baskaran,K.R. Kaviya,B. Kavitha,S. (2020). A Stock Market Prediction System Based on Time Series. Test Engineering & Management. 83.18327 -18338.
- Dr.M.Alamelu. Fuzzy Rule based SLA Generation Algorithms for Web Based Multi Party Negotiation Systems, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems pp. 1-12
- Dr.V.Vanitha, Enhancing the performance of service discovery protocol using minimum spanning tree, International Journal of Mobile Communications Vol 8 / Issue 4 / PP – 443 – 461
- M.N.Saroja,Waste separator, International Journal of Science & Engineering Development Research Vol.5 / Issue 8 / page no.282 – 285
- Rajathi N, Vanitha V,Alzheimer Disease Forecasting using Machine Learning Algorithm, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 15-19
- Rajathi N, Vanitha V, Heart Disease Prediction Using Machine Learning Algorithms, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 24-27
- Alamelu M, Advancement in Identification and Classification Framework for Malaria Parasite Based on Image Manipulation, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 28-33
- S.Sathyavathi, S.Kavitha, Breast Cancer Identification Using Logistic Regression,Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 34-36
- Rajathi N, Comparative Study of Machine Learning Approaches in Diabetes Prediction, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 42-46
- Vanitha V ,Rajathi N,, Classification of Mushrooms to Detect their Edibility Based on Key Attributes, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 37-41
- S Kavitha , S Sathyavathi , Malarial Parasite Identification Using Convolution Neural Network , Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 52-54
- G.Prema Arokia Mary, Predicting Metamorphic Changes In Parkinson’s Disease Patients Using Machine Learning Algorithms, Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications Special Issue Volume 13 No (11) 2020 page no 147-152
- Rajathi N , Practical Implementation and Analysis of TLS Client Certificate Authentication. In Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Information and Control Systems. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1272.Springer
- Sathyavathi.S, Movie Recommendation System using Machine Learning Algorithms. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 8,Issue-3
- Saroja MN, Recent Trends in Healthcare about blood donors and patients by using artificial intelligence and IoT / International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology / Vol.12 / Issue 3/481-486/ DOI: 10.34218/IJARET.12.3.2021.045
- P. Shenbagam, N. Rajkumar. An Amalgamation of Decision Tree and Cosine Kernel SVM for the Fire Detection in Forest Cover. Dynamic Systems and Applications 30 (2021) No.6, 1030 –1041
Journal Publication 2019 – 2020
- Sumathi.V.P, Vidyasagr V, Vanitha.V (2019). Asynchronous Learning of Personal Assistant from User Histories Stored in Cloud. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278-3075, 8 (9S2). 432 – 437
- Kanagaraj,S Hema,M.S. Nageswara Gupta,M. (2019). Machine Learning Techniques for Prediction of Parkinson’s Disease using Big Data. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278–3075 (Online). 8 (10). 3788-3791
- Prema Arokia Mary, G. Suganthi, N. Hema, M.S. (2019). A Recapitalization on Crypto jacking and end to end Analysis of Ransomware Attacks. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). ISSN: 2249 – 8958, 8 (6S3). 1582-1586
- Baskaran,K.R. Saroja, M.N. (2019). Human Activity Recognition using Active Learning Methodology. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278-3075, 8 (12S). 404-406
- S. Kavitha,S. Baskaran, K.R. Sathyavathi,S. (2019). Tasks of Object Detection using Deep Learning Architectures. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278-3075. 8 (12S). 398-400
- Baskaran,K.R. Saroja, M.N. (2019). Machine Learning Algorithms for Human Activity Recognition. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278-3075. 8 (12S). 401-403
- Kavitha,S. Baskaran, K.R. Sathyavathi,S. (2019). Social Media Data Analysis using Recommendation Algorithms. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). ISSN: 2278-3075. 8 (12S). 394-397
- Cynthia,J. Parveen Sultana, H. Saroja, M.N. Senthil, J. (2019). IoT-based Real Time Air Pollution Monitoring System. International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing (IJGHPC). 11 (4). 28-41
- Nandakumar, G.S. Palanivelu, L.M. (2019). A Research on the Performance of the Diploma Students in the Lateral Entry Scheme of Engineering Degree Program. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT). 8 (6S3). 1587-1588
- Thilagavathy, K.P. Santha, A. Nandakumar, G.S. (2019). Achromatic Colouring of the Central Graph of Some Special graphs. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE). 8 (11S). 169-171
- Rajathi,N. Kanchana, J.S. Suganthi Malarvizhi,P. (2020). DEPSO Model For Efficient Clustering Using Drifting Concepts. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research. 9(02). 2781-2783
- Alamelu,M. Balaji,R. Mithun,J. Hariharan,M. (2019). Diabetics Retinopathy Vision Analysis using Image Identification Service Analysis Approach. Procedia Computer Science. 165. 470–477.
- Suresh, A., Ganesh Kumar, P. Optimization of Metascheduler for Cloud Machine Learning Services. Wireless Pers Commun (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-020-07367-2
- Abinaya,P.L. Suresh,A. (2020). Improving QoS of the Cloud Load Balance Using Bio-Inspired Optimization Method. Journal of Green Engineering, 10(3). 697 – 712
- Janani, N. Kanagaraj, S. (2020). Diagnosis of Parkinson Disease Using Sensor Data and Machine Learning Approach in Mobile Cloud. Journal of Green Engineering.10(3). 684 – 696
Journal Publication 2018 – 2019
- Alamelu, M. Sindhuja. Balaji, S. (2018). Automatic water Irrigation System Appro ach for Smart Homes. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S) 318- 320
- Alamelu, M. . Pradeep Kumar, T.S. (2018). Unique Identical Weightage (UIW) Model for Real Time Customer Search Queries. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering . 7 (4S). 339-342
- Kavitha, S. Baskaran, K.R. Sathyavathi, S. (2018). Heart Disease with Risk Prediction using Machine Learning Algorithms. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 314-317
- Nandakumar, G. S. Viswanandhne, S. (2018). A Survey on Item Selection Approaches for Computer Based Adaptive Testing. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 417-419
- Rajathi, N. Suganthi, N. Shilpa, R. (2018). Automatic Electricity Bill Generating System. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 08-11
- Suganthi, N. Rajathi,N. Farithul Inzamam, M. (2018). Elephant Intrusion Detection and Repulsive System. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 307-310
- Saroja, M.N. Kannan,S. Baskaran,K.R. (2018). Analysing the Purchase Behavior of a Customer for Improving the Sales of a Product. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering . 7 (4S). 173-175
- Sathyavathi, S. Baskaran, K.R. Kavitha,S. (2018). Non-Invasive Diabetes Mellitus Detection Using Facial Block Color. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 304-306
- Shenbagam,P. Rajkumar,N. (2018). Predictive Analysis for Identifying the Relationship between Forest Cover and Tiger Population. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 328-330
- Sumathi, V.P. Vanitha, V. Divyadarshini, M. (2018). GDP based Medal Count Analysis in Summer Olympics Games for Two Decades – An Exploratory Analysis. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering . 7 (4S). 12-16
- Vanitha,V. Sumathi, V.P Kalaiselvi , R. (2018). Automatic Ticket Validation System for Indian Railways. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 267-271
- Vanitha, V. Sumathi, V.P. Soundariya,V. (2018). An Exploratory Data Analysis of Movie Review Dataset. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 7 (4S). 380-384
- Maheshprabhu, R. Hema,M.S. Prema Arokia Mary, G. (2018). Information System for Performance Improvement of small and Medium Scale Enterprises. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), -7 (4S2). 407-411
- Kanagaraj S, Hema,M.S. Nageswara Gupta,M. (2018). Environmental Risk Factors and Parkinson’s Disease – A Study Report. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE). 7 (4S2). 412 – 415.
Journal Publication 2017 – 2018
- Senthil Jayavel. IshanGuptha. Sathyavathi,S. Kavitha,S. (2017). Mobile Imaging for Monitoring and Early Warning of Cardiovascular Disorders in Neo-Natal. International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology, 9 (3), 30617 – 30627
- Alamelu,M. Ramalatha Marimuthu. (2017). A Survey on Healthcare and Social Network Collaborative Service Utilization Using Internet of Things. Journal of Advanced Research in dynamic and control systems, 14, 1010-1030
- Suganthi, N. Arun, R. Saranya, D. Vignesh, N. (2017). Smart Security Surveillance Rover. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (12), 67-75
- Baskaran, K R. Vijilesh, V. Nedunchezhian, R. Kumar, R S. (2017). Combining Intelligent Web Caching With Web Pre-Fetching Techniques to Predict Tourist Places. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (12). 97-105
- Hema, M S. Nageswara Gutpha, M. Prema Arokia Mary, G. (2017). An Efficient Approach for Analyzing and Improving Data Quality in Data Integration. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (12), 107-115
- Parveen Sultana, H. Senthil Jayavel. Mudit Saraf. Saket Maskara. (2017). Smart vehicle collision Detection and SOS service. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (12), 137-145
- Parveen Sultana. Sreecharan Challa. Senthil Jayavel. (2017). IOT Based Garbage Monitoring system. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (12), 127-135
- Ramalatha Marimuthu. Suresh, A. Alamelu, M. Kanagaraj, S. (2017). Driver Fatigue Detection Using Image Processing And Accident Prevention. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (11) , 91-99
- Ramalatha Marimuthu. Alamelu, M. Suresh, A. Kanagaraj, S. (2017). Design and development of a persuasive technology method to encourage smart farming. Humanitarian Technology Conference
- Vanitha, V. Sumathi, V P. Cynthia, J. llakia, B. (2017). Next generation vehicle diagnostic systems. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 116 (11), 251-259
- Rajathi, N. Kanagaraj, S. Brahmanambika, R. Manjubarkavi ,K. (2018). Early Detection of Dengue Using Machine Learning Algorithms. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 118 (18), 3881 – 3886
- Susmitha, R. Vanitha,V. (2018). Android User Activity Monitoring Using Spyware: A Survey. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 118 (18) 3905-3918
- Alamelu, M. Pradeep Kumar T S. (2018). PERM based service Prediction model for Groundwater Level Analysis. Taga Journal of graphic technology, 3(3), 1612-1621.
- Hemalatha, R. Preethi, V. Suganthi, N. (2018). Nano-Robots as Guards Achieving Anti-Hiv. International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering, 5 (3), 667-673
- Preethi,V. Hemalatha, R. Suganthi, N. (2018) Brain Gate: An Assistive Prosthetic Technology. International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering, 5 (3), 509-513
- Kanagaraj S. PremaArokia Mary, G.Hema, M S. (2018). Helping Hands – Anthropomorphic Robot Hand, International Journal of Scientific Research,17(2).168-171.
- Sruthi,C. Abirami, T. PremaArokia Mary, G. Kanagarj, S. (2018). A Comparative Study on Performance Analsis of Cryptographic algorithms in online Banking Transactions, International Journal of Scientific Research,17(2). 327-335
Journal Publication 2016 – 2017
- Alamelu, M. (2016). Mismatch Cancer Colour Prediction Analysis on Big Data. International Journal of Research In Computer Science,
- Vijilesh, V. Nedunchezhian, R. (2016). Improving Access Latency by combining Intelligent Web caching and Web pre-fetching Techniques. Journal of Convergence Information Technology, 11(3)
- Vijilesh, V. Nedunchezhian, R. Baskaran, K R. (2016). Performance Improvement By Combining Intelligent Web Caching Techniques With Spatial Weight Matrix Technique For Web Pre-Fetching. International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 10 (1), 76-80
- Shenbagam, P. Janani, K. Nithya,V. Keerthana,E. (2016). Data Transmission Using Video Steganography. Open Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, 1(1) 44-49
- Rajathi, N. Jayashree, L S. (2016). Soil moisture forecasting using ensembles of classifiers. Smart Innovation Systems and Technologies, 50, 235-244
- Rajathi Natarajan. Jayashree Subramanian. Elpiniki, I. (2016). Papageorgiou – Hybrid learning of fuzzy cognitive maps for sugarcane yield classification. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, (127), 147-157
- Rajathi, N. Jayashree, L S. (2016). Energy efficient grid clustering based data aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference, Proceedings/TENCON, 488-492
- Jayashree, L S. Rajathi, N. Athish Thirumal. (2016). Precision Agriculture: On the Accuracy of Multilevel and clustered ANFIS models for sugarcane yield categorization. IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference, Proceedings/TENCON, 1985-1989
- Kavitha, S. Sathyavathi, S. (2017). Opinion Mining on tourism,.International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology, 3 (8) 128 – 131
- Rajathi, N. Vaijeyanthi,K. Keerthana,S. Jeyashri,T. (2017). Predictive Analysis Of Cotton Crop Yield Using Various Statistical And Prediction algorithms, SSRG International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, 81-89
- Krithiga, M D. Sumathi, V P. Prema Arokia Mary, G. (2017). Various Techniques for Predicting Cervical Cancer. International Journal Of Innovative Research In Computer And Communication Engineering, 5(3), 6151 – 6156
- Shenbagam, P. Aravinth, K. Cibi Chakravarthy, J. Kishore Kumar, R. (2017). Exam Hall Invigilation Using CCTV Camera. SSRG International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, 64-67
- Raheesa Safrin, Sharmila, K R. Shri Subangi, T S. Vimal , E A. (2017). Sentiment analysis on online product review. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology , 4(4), 2381- 2388
- Aarthy. Susmitha. Kannathal. Cynthia Jayapal. Prema arokiamary, G. (2017). Overview of software defined networks and mesh tree protocol. International Research Journal Of Engineering And Technology, 4(4), 2392 – 2395
- Jayakumar Sadhasivam. Alamelu, M. Radhika, R. Ramya, S. Dharani, K. Senthil Jayavel. (2017). Enhanced way of securing automated teller machine to track the misusers using the secure monitor tracking system. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 14th International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol: 263
Journal Publication 2015 – 2016
- Dinesh, R. Ramalatha Marimuthu. (2016). A Survey on ADPLL Components and their effects upon Power. Frequency and Resolution International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 11, (3), 1569-1574
- Kuttuva Rajendran Baskaran. Chellan Kalaiarasan. (2016). Improved performance by combining web pre-fetching using clustering with web caching based on svm learning method. International journal of computers communications & control, 11(2), 167-178
- Vimal, E A. Chandramathi, S. (2016). Topic Trend Prediction for Learning Objects Using Kernel Fuzzy C Means Clustering and Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average Model. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, (11), 2305-2313
- Sathyavathy, S. Niraimathi. Priyadarshini, K. (2016). Data Mining For Building An Informed Decision Making Model For Career Prediction. International Journal of Research In Computer Science, 3 (3), 8- 12
- Sathyavathy, S. (2016). Prediction of usage of Mobile Applications. International Journal for trends in engineering & Technology,
- Alamelu, M. (2016). Mismatch Cancer Colour Prediction Analysis on Big Data. International Journal of Research In Computer Science
- Second International Conference on Science, Technology, Engineering and Management – ISTEM19 was organized during 15-16 .02.2019. It served as a venue for networking with national and international experts in science, engineering, and management.
- First International conference on Science, Technology, Engineering and Management – ISTEM18 was organised during 10 -12.06.2018. Conference focused on the advancements and latest developments in mathematics, computer, social science, and management fields.
- International Conference on Science Technology Engineering and Products – ISTEP was conducted during 18 – 19.08.2017. It served as a platform for faculty and students to present the results of their research findings to the scientific community.
- International Conference on Intelligent Interactive Systems and Assistive Technologies (IISAT-13) organized on 02 – 03.08.2013.
- National Conference on “Ad hoc Networks and Recent Communication Technologies” (ANRT-12) organized on 16 – 17.03.2012.
- Conducted training programme for the students – “Excalibur Phase 2” on 20.2.2021 & 27.2.2021.
- Conducted hackathon for the students – “C’ RIDDLE” on 19.02.2021.
- Conducted training programme for the students – “Excalibur Phase 1” on 31.10.2020.
- Organized value-added course on Gaming Event “Connectech” for the students from 12.8.2020 – 22.8.2020.
- Organized value-added course on “Application Development using Full Stack” with various industry speakers for the students from 23.08.2020 – 31.08.2020.
- Organized value-added course on “Art of Creativity (2D Design) for the students on 08.07.2020.
- Organized FDP on “Fundamentals of Deep learning with computer vision” from 16.02.2021 – 19.02.2021
- Organized FDP on “Block Chain Technology and its Applications” from 02.07.2019 – 04.07.2019
- Organized FDP on “EDGE AI” from 05.12.2019 – 06.12.2019
- Organized FDP on “Block Chain Technology and its Applications” from 02.07.2019 – 04.07.2019
Department Association of Information Technology:
The Department Association aims to strengthen technical knowledge, teamwork and leadership skills of every single student to get success in their carrier. Events will be conducted in regular time periods focusing on various aspects, the students need to build on.
It is a techno-cultural fest usually conducted every year in the month of February. It focuses on bringing out the talents hidden within students. Various technical contests and Interactive Workshops on the latest upcoming technologies will be conducted for students from different colleges.
Guest Lecture/ Hackathon:
We invite experts from industry/academy from different domains to deliver guest lecture to upskill our students in latest tools and technologies. Hackathons/coding contests are organized frequently to flourish coding skills and thriving team spirit.
A series of webinars are organized to get the students ready to face Aptitude tests and Interviews during their placements. Our eminent alumni extend their hands to inculcate technical skills and professionalism with their juniors as per the industry expectations.
The Instagram page of the Department Association keeps the students updated on all the activities that happen in the department. It is not only used for the updates but also keeps them tuned with regular posts and facts relating to the field.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/it_kct/
|Category||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)||Total (in Nos)||Amount (in Lakhs)|
|Year||No. of Students|
EMURGO is the official commercial and venture arm of the Cardano project – Mission towards 3rd Generation Blockchain, registered in Tokyo, Japan since June 2017 and in Singapore since May 2018. EMURGO is uniquely affiliated and works closely with IOHK to grow Cardano’s ecosystem globally and promote the adoption of the Cardano blockchain. Blockchain is the latest upcoming technology generating lakhs of jobs in India in coming years. Keeping this in mind to bring the latest cutting-edge technology exposure to our students, IT department has signed up an MoU with EMURGO Academy on 24.10.2020.