About the Department
The Department of Automobile Engineering was established in the year 2011 with a mission to prepare highly competent Automobile Engineers for global automotive industries through innovative, industry-oriented curriculum, intensive practical training, and industry exposure to the students in the thrust areas (Automotive Design and Automotive Electronics and Automotive service). The Department focuses on offering industry exposure to the students and train them through Industry projects in the specialized stream of their choice. Major areas of research interest are the Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technologies, Vehicle Design & Performance optimization and Vehicle Maintenance.
From the HOD’s Desk
Dr. Sivakumar S,
Associate Professor and Head I/C
The primary focus of our curriculum is to provide technical knowledge to students, promote their problem-solving skills and render solutions for the real life automotive engineering problems. The Department offers Professional Electives, Industry-oriented one-credit and Open Elective courses for acquiring wide spectrum of interdisciplinary knowledge. The course contents are periodically updated in consultation with the experts from the industry considering the scientific and technological developments. Students utilize the state of the art laboratory facilities for improving their skill sets in their areas of interest.
To be a renowned Learning Centre in the field of Automobile Engineering contributing towards development of the society.
To attain the Vision, the department will
- Develop students for successful careers in Industry, Public Sectors and Academia.
- Provide required learning environment and processes to become socially responsible Engineering Professionals.
- Establish Industry-Institute interaction
Assistant Professor I
- B.E Automobile Engineering – R18 New
- B.E Automobile Engineering – R17
- B.E Automobile Engineering – R15
- B.E Automobile Engineering 1st and 2nd semester – R17
- B.E Automobile Engineering 3rd-8th semester – R17
- B.E Automobile Engineering 1st and 2nd semester – R14
- B.E Automobile Engineering 3rd to 8th semesters – R14