End Semester Examinations-Theory (arrears) – Nov / Dec 2019 for the course completed students of 2013 batch B.E/B.Tech programme
The timetable for the End semester(Theory- Arrear) Examinations – Nov / Dec 2019 for the 2015 batch B.E/B.Tech Programmes(Semester 1 to Semester 7)
Practical Arrear Examinations (Semester I – VII) will be conducted from Nov 6th, 2019 – Nov 11th, 2019.
Infrared (IR) spectroscopy is widely used to determine the structures of unknown molecules, giving a unique vibration spectrum. This technique allows the identification of structural changes in the molecular bonding and chemical shifts and to investigate the surface adsorption of functional groups on nanoparticles and other wide range of chemical applications. FTIR Spectrum Interpretation plays an important role in the scientific field due to its wide range of applications in Identification and chemical characterization studies. Functional Group Region and Fingerprint Region are critical for understanding and interpreting spectral characteristics of various biomolecules through proper Peak Analysis, Peak fitting and baseline correction.
AREA OF FOCUS
- Basic understanding of Infrared Spectroscopy in Identification and Characterization of Materials.
- Conceptual understanding of acquiring the FTIR spectrum of various functional groups.
- Hands-on training on FTIR Spectrum Interpretation of characteristic peaks.
- Use of Origin Software and Shimadzu LabSolutions IR.
Dr. S. Ponnuswamy, Associate Professor and Head, PG and Research Department of Chemistry, Government Arts College (Autonomous), Coimbatore.
Dr. Kalpana Duraisamy, Assistant Director- R&D, WAFE Auxiliary Chemicals Private Limited, Coimbatore.
Dr. Manickam Paulpandi, CSIR-POOL Scientist, Department of Zoology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
Mr.Mohammed Ashraf Ali, Asst.Manager, Customer Support. Toshvin Analytical Pvt Ltd,
Details for Participants
- The course is open to Faculty members, Research Scholars and Students belonging to Biotechnology, Chemistry, Material Science, Textile Technology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nanotechnology and other related life science and chemical science disciplines can also apply.
- Registration will be based on the first come first served basis to a maximum of 50 participants
Mrs.Veerabhuvaneshwari. V (AP I/ BT)
Department of Biotechnology
Kumaraguru College of Technology, Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile: +91- 8825712588
Dr. K.R. Aranganayagam
AP I & Head i/c – Chemistry, Department of Science and Humanities, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Tamil Nadu, India .
Mobile: +91- 9843353875
Dr. K. Sampath
AP I, Department of Science and Humanities, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Tamil Nadu, India.
Mobile: +91- 9965671803
Address for Communication
FTIR SPECTRUM INTERPRETATION
Kumaraguru College of Technology, Chinnavedampatti, Coimbatore-641 049
2014 batch B.E/B.Tech Programmes (Semester 1 to Semester 8)
Exam Fee Notification of Nov / Dec 2019 End semester examinations for PG – M.E/M.Tech/MCA/MBA Course Completed (Arrears) candidates
Exam Fee Notification of Nov / Dec 2019 End semester examinations for 2012-2016, 2013-2017and 2014-2018 batches B.E/B.Tech programmes Course Completed (Arrears) candidates
EXAM FEE NOTIFICATION-2012,2013 and 2014 batch_NOV 2019
UG (BE/BTech) : 2017 Batch – End Semester Theory Arrears Examinations Time table ( Nov / Dec 2019)