International Conference on Sustainable Materials, Management, and Innovative Technologies -2022 (ICSMMIT)
The Department of Civil Engineering,
The Department of Textile Technology,
The Department of Fashion Technology &
The Department of Bio Technology
Dr. Premalatha J, Civil Engineering
Dr. Saminathan R, Textile Technology
Dr. Bhaarathi Dhurai, Fashion Technology
Dr. Kumaresan K, Bio Technology
Date: 23rd June 2022 - 24th June 2022
Venue: Kumaraguru Campus
Kumaraguru College of Technology (KCT) is an autonomous institution affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. KCT was established in 1984 under the auspices of Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation and the guiding spirit of Arutchelvar Dr.N. Mahalingam, Founding Chairman of Sakthi Group. Under the able guidance and patronage of Dr.B.K.Krishnaraj Vanavarayar, Chairman, Shri. M.Balasubramaniam, Correspondent, and Shri. Shankar Vanavarayar, Joint Correspondent, the institution is instilled with excellent infrastructure facilities offering higher education to young engineering aspirants. KCT offers 15 Under Graduate and 14 Post Graduate programmes with relevant approved Research Centres. More than 6000 students are imparted with quality technical education by a dedicated team of qualified and experienced faculty members. KCT has been ranked among the Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India, in all the six editions of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
Department of Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology, a pioneering department in KCT, was started in the year 2002 with a mission to harness and nurture specific skill sets that integrate life science and technology. Currently, the department offers B.Tech. (Biotechnology), M.Tech. (Biotechnology) and Ph.D. (Full/Part-time) with a well-structured and balanced curriculum focusing on major areas such as Healthcare, Nutrition, Bioprocess Technology and Environmental Biotechnology. The department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
To meet the fast-changing demands of the industry and to provide a supply of skilled workforce, the department curates its program that conforms to various international and national guidelines. The curriculum is constantly upgraded to suit the demands of the industry. The department strives to prepare students for employment and research in bio-manufacturing, Pharma, Food industries, Natural products and bioinformatics solutions. The department aims to elevate itself to a Center of Excellence through various research contributions in biotechnology as well as interdisciplinary domains. Faculty members constantly upgrade their skillsets periodically in reputed institutions and industries relevant to biotechnology.
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 1984 with the idea of equipping young people with the necessary technical knowledge and professional skills needed to address the challenges in the rapidly growing field of Civil Engineering and promoting consultancy research in this area. A well-qualified and dedicated team of staff members provides the necessary strength to the department. The centre is equipped with most modern equipment catering to the requirement of research in water management. Centre for Water and Environmental Studies (CWES) was established in the Department as an extension of this activity. Structural Technology Centre (STC) is an advanced laboratory established in the department in the year 2003 to carry out R&D and Consultancy works in structural design and testing. B.E Civil Engg, (NBA Accredited), M.E Structural Engg, M.E (Environmental Engg) and M.E Construction Management programmes are offered by the Department.
Department of Fashion Technology
The Department of Fashion Technology is offering the 4-year undergraduate program on B Tech Fashion Technology since 2002 and 2 year Post Graduate program on M Tech Apparel Technology since 2005.The Department has well established laboratories with advanced equipments and machineries for apparel manufacturing, Testing and Chemical processing. Most of the faculty have PhD with relevant industrial experience that makes better teaching and learning for students. The curriculum and syllabi that is continuously updated to meet the requirements of the academia and industry involving experts from National level institutions and Industry. The Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under Tier 1 category. The Department is a recognized research centre Under Anna University, Chennai and many research scholars have got/pursuing Doctoral degree. The Department has got sponsored Center of Excellence/research projects from various Government agencies like TIFAC/MHRD/SPARC, DST SEED, DST IDP, UGC, TNSCST, Ministry of Textiles etc to carry out research in Textile and Apparel Technologies. Our students also take up Higher studies in leading Universities in France, UK, USA and in National Institute of Fashion Technology, (NIFT) National Institute of Design, (NID) India. MoU with leading textile/apparel industries and International Universities help the students and Faculty with necessary skill and competencies required to meet future challenges.
Department of Textile Technology
Among the most cliched use of nicknames for cities, ‘the Manchester of South India’ will find itself in the list of the top 5 in India. That summarizes the potential of a textile industry in Coimbatore. Tirupur district, which is adjacent to Coimbatore, is the hub of all the happenings as far as the textile industry is concerned, at least in south India. To harness this abundant potential in the textile industry, an engineering college has to start the branch of Textile Engineering. Also, the Textile industry is the backbone of the fashion industry too. So, the significance of the course being reassured, KCT started the Textile Engineering Department in the year 1995. The department has 12 professionally well qualified and highly experienced faculty members including 9 Doctoral faculty members. It is well-equipped with modern day facilities in its laboratories to provide ample opportunity to the students to explore their penchant for learning and innovation in the very supportive environment of Coimbatore. The Re accreditation status has been awarded to the B.Tech Textile Technology undergraduate programme by National Board of Accreditation up to 2022.
About the Conference:
The conference will focus on Sustainable Materials, Management, and Innovative Technologies in Civil Engineering, Textile, Fashion & Biotechnology
The conference will deliberate on key areas in the domains of BioTechnology, Civil Engineering, Fashion Technology and Textile Technology. The deliberations will focus on themes such as Sustainable Approaches in Fabrication of Biopolymers for Health, Food and Environmental applications, Sustainable Construction Materials, Water, and Energy Management, Sustainability and Advancements in Fashion Apparels, and Emerging and Sustainable Developments.
The conference will bring together scientists, leading researchers, eminent professors, industry leaders, key stakeholders, and policymakers from national and international organizations, industries, universities, institutions, and associations. The deliberations will happen in blended mode (both online and offline).
Eminent experts and scientists from University of Pretoria, South Africa & Indian Insitute of Technology Madaras, Chennai, Sherbrooke Research and Development Centre, Canada, Kuwait Institute for scientific research, Kuwait, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok Thailand, Texas Tech University, USA, National University of Singapore, University of Huddersfield, Bluwin Limited, U.K, RMIT University, Australia, University of Georgia, USA are delivering their lectures in the conference.
Theme: Sustainable Approaches in Fabrication of Biopolymers for Health, Food and Environmental Applications
Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering
Green Fuels for Energy sustenance
Natural Products / Nutraceuticals for Healthcare
Antimicrobial Textiles based on Sustainable Biopolymers
Nanobiotechnology based Biopolymer Product Development
Biopolymer based Food Packaging Applications
Applications of Enzymes
Theme: Sustainable Construction Materials, Water, and Energy Management.
Sustainable Construction Materials
Innovative Water supply and water treatment technologies
Advanced Structural Analysis and Design Methods
Soil Stabilization, Foundation and Soil-Structure Interaction
Theme: Sustainability and Advancements in Fashion Apparels
Sustainable Apparel Manufacturing
Sustainability in Universal Fashion & Textile
Innovative Green Technology for Apparel Colouration and Finishing
3R for Apparel Industry
Applications of AI in Apparel Industry
Higg’s Index and Carbon Footprint
Functional Finishes and Clothing
Theme: Emerging and Sustainable Developments in Textiles
Innovations in Textile Manufacture and Applications
Circular Economy in Fashion and Textiles
Green Processes and Products
- Dr Prof Alvaro Viljoen, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa.
- S, Ramesh Kumar, University of Terranganu, Malaysia.
- Dr Hua xiaoting, Zhejiang University, China.
- Dr Dr Swaroopa Rani Dasari, Senior Scientist, Central Food Technological Research Institute.
- Joseph Kingston, Scientist, Division of Microbiology, Defence Food Research Laboratory, Mysore.
- Gopinath P, Professor, Centre for Nanotechnology, IIT Roorkee.
- Prof.C.Visvanathan, Professor, School of Environment, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
- R.Rajinikanth, Research Scientist, Sherbrooke Research and Development Centre, Canada
- Dr.S.Neelamani, Kuwait Institute for scientific Research, Kuwait.
- Dr.S.Mohan, Indian Institute of technology, Madras, India
- Dr.K.Palanisami, Emiritus Scientist, International Water Management Institute (IWM), Hyderabad, India
- Mr.S.Senthilkumar, Assistant Engineer, Tamil Nadu State Pollution Control Board, Coimbatore, India
- R.Shanmugam, General manager, Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP), SIPCOT, Perundurai, India.
- Dr.J.Jayanthi, Professor, Government college of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Dr. Seeram Ramakrishna, FREng, Everest Chair, Chairman of PRCOE, National University of Singapore.
- Dr. Seshadri Ramkumar, Professor, Non-woven & Advanced Materials Laboratory, Department of Environmental Toxixology, Texas Tech University, USA.
- Dr. Prabhuraj Venkatraman, Senior Lecturer in Textile Technology and Research Degrees Coordinator, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Dr. Parikshit Goswami, Professor in Technical Textiles, Head of Department- Fashion and TextilesDirector- Technical Textiles Research Centre, University of Huddersfield, UK.
- Dr. Gajanan Bhat, Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Interiors, University of Georgia (UGA), USA.
- Dr. Sivaramakumar Pariti, Senior Technical Marketing Officer, Sustainable Textiles Solutions – BluWin Ltd., United Kingdom.
- Dr. Ketan Kumar, Associate Senior Faculty, Textile Design, NID, Ahmedabad.
- Dr.D.Samuel Wesley, Professor, Department of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production), National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai.
- Dr. D.J.Gohain, Society of Dyers & Colourist, Mumbai.
- K.S.Shankararaagavan, Joint Director & Head, Center of Excellence, Apparel, Made-Ups & Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council(AMH SSC), Tirupur.
- Mr C Kamatchisundaram, Adviser, Akshara Group of Companies, Tirupur.
- Mr Nizarali, General manager, PSD, Voltas Limited, Textile Machinery Division, Coimbatore.
- Professor Rajiv Padhye, PhD, Director, Centre for Materials Innovation and Future Fashion, School of Fashion and Textiles, College of Design and Social Context, RMIT University, 25 Dawson Street, Brunswick, Victoria 3056.
- Professor Jiri Militky, Prof. MSc. PhD. , EURING, FEA, Department of Material Engineering, Textile Faculty, Technical university of Liberec Studentska 2, 46117 LIBEREC.
- Dr. Raul Fangueiro, Professor, Centre for Textile Science and Technology, School of Engineering, University of Minho, Campus de Azurem Guimaraes, Portugal 4800-058.
- Dr. R. H. Gong, Reader, Textiles & Paper, School of Materials, University of Manchester, PO Box 88, Sackville Street, Manchester M601OD, United Kingdom ZIP: 0161.
- Dr. Mirela Blaga, Professor,Textiles, Leather and Industrial Management, Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iasi, 700050.
- Dr. Rasiah Lodchumananandasivam, Professor, Textile Engineering, Federal University of the State of Rio, Rio Grande do Norte – UFRN, Campus Universitario, Av, Salgado Filho, 3000.
- Prof Apurba Das PhD, Professor (HAG), Department of Textile Technology, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Dr. Palaniswamy N. K. PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Textile Technology, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab – 144011.
- Dr T Ram Prabhu, Deputy Director / Scientist DRDO, Bengaluru.
- Mr. Immanuel Dayal Walker, Country Haed – Filaments, Asia Pacific, DUPONT, Chennai.
- Mr.Michael Rodrigues, Chief Technology Officer, Care Now Meditech Pvt. Ltd, Coimbatore.
- Dr Prabir Jana, Professor, NIFT, Delhi
- Dr. Naveen Padaki, Scientist, CSTRI, Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India, Bangalore-560068.
- Dr. Subrata Das, Professor, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
|First Call for papers||April 2022|
|Second call for papers||May 2022|
|Submission of Full paper||28 May 2022|
|Intimation of selected papers||June 2022|
|Last date for registration for authors & participants||15 June 2022|
Authors can register after intimation of selection. The link for registration will be communicated.
Other participants who wish to attend the conference can register in this link:
|Industry, Academia, Professional Bodies, Research Associations||Rs.1500|
Name of the Beneficiary – The Correspondent, Kumaraguru College of Technology
Bank A/c No. – 1245115000000014
Type of Bank A/c – Current A/c
Bank Name – The Karur Vysya Bank Limited Bank Branch – KCT Campus Branch
Bank Address – The Karur Vysya Bank Limited, KCT Campus, Coimbatore
IFS Code – KVBL0001245
MICR Code – 641053005
Swift Code – KVBLINBBIND