Objectives of the Committee:
The Grievance Redressal Committee is established to provide a platform for redressal of genuine grievances of innocent students which could not be solved at the department level. As per the AICTE regulations, this cell has been constituted comprising of 5 members.
Functions of the committee:
- To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
- To ensure effective solution to students’ grievances with an impartial and fair approach
- The function of the cell is to look into complaints lodged by any student and judge its merit
- The cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment
- In case the person is unwilling to appear inself, grievance may be dropped in writing at the letter box/suggestion box kept in each department. The grievances may also be sent through email to principal or to ombudsman.
Process being followed:
- The aggrieved student has to submit in writing his grievances which could not be solved at department level.
- He/She can also submit the same by email using [email protected]. This mail id is made known to all students appropriately
- The grievance shall be considered at the earliest by the committee.
- Certain grievances like sexual harassment/misconduct or of other criminal nature shall be dealt with after taking advice from appropriate legal consultants
- The complaint management mechanism is carried out in 3 levels.
- The department level grievances are attended by concerned class advisors and department heads.
- One coordinator in each department act as a facilitator to communicate and sort out grievances at department level.
- Unsolved grievances at the department level are referred to Grievance Cell of Institution
- Suggestion box is also provided in each building for students to present their grievances.