Recruitment of Research Interns for a project sponsored by Science Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST, Govt. of India
Date: January 10, 2023
- Applications are invited for the posts of Research interns for the project titled Development of high precision and high throughput screening platforms to identify novel anticancer and antimicrobial compounds from plant sources. The project is for two years. Selected candidates will be working in research for up to 2 months (1-Feb-2023 to 31-Mar-2023). The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- The Research intern is in-charge of aiding in microbiological methods, extraction of phytochemicals, purification, and conducting imaging experiments using fluorescent microscopy techniques, and the successful candidates are expected to have prior knowledge of fluorescent microscopy techniques.
- The candidate will be in charge of undertaking literature reviews for research experiments followed by collecting plant leaves, bacterial, and mammalian cell samples from research institutes and health care centers.
- The successful candidates closely work with the principal investigator in preparing manuscripts and managing daily laboratory operations.
- Successful candidates will be consolidated stipend of Rs.4,500 per month (Bsc/BE/B.Tech students) and Rs.5000 (ME/M.Tech/MSc students) per month .
- BE/B.Tech/Bsc/MSc/ME/M-Tech students in Biotechnology/Biological Sciences/Biomedical engineering/Biophysics, or in any relevant discipline.
- Preference will be given to those with background knowledge in MATLAB, ImageJ/Fiji.
- Strong background in biological spectroscopy, fluorescence, and optical microscopy techniques.
- Experience in basic Microbiology and Molecular biology techniques is essential.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV (by email) along with names of two referees and submit a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria with the subject heading “Application for Research Intern (SERB Project)” to the Principal Investigator
Department of Biotechnology,
Kumaraguru College of Technology (KCT)
Chinnavedampatti, Coimbatore 641049,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Email: [email protected]
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the outcome of the selection process.