ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is established in the year 1984 and it acts as a core part of the institute. Our department offers One Bachelor Programme in the stream of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and two Post graduate Programmes in the stream of Power Electronics and Drives and Embedded Systems Technologies respectively.
Our faculty members are highly enriched with Technical and Leadership skills and they consistently equip themselves with updating technologies through continuous teaching-learning process.
The UG and PG Programme’s curriculum and syllabus are periodically reviewed/re-framed in pace with global scenario in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. This process involves the suggestions from course-coordinators, module coordinators, Programme Assessment Committee members, Department Advisory Board members, Board of Studies members and this team involves experienced industrialists, University nominee, internal/external academicians, research members, alumni members and students. Our Bachelor Programme curriculum comprises major thrust areas like Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, Power Systems, Embedded Systems
The Ongoing Government funded Project are MODROB- Modernization of Electrical machines Lab, Grid Connected 200kW solar power station on C & E Blocks roof top, Grid Connected 50kW solar power station on B Block rooftop. The mentors, department association members, professional bodies, clubs/sport team makes the students to effectively participate in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
The department is actively involved in R & D, Energy Auditing and Consultancy Projects with various organizations/industries which helps the faculty members to train the students to innovate a product. The smart classroom and laboratory facilities provides supportive environment for the students and faculty members. The inter disciplinary areas of engineering can be learnt by students through choice-based credit system and Outcome Based Education. The well-structured curriculum and proper placement training help the student to place in government and private sectors.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Globalizing Education and Research in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Empower the students with state-of-art knowledge to excel as eminent electrical engineers with multi-disciplinary skills.
- Emphasize social values and leadership qualities to meet the industrial needs, societal problems and global challenges.
- Enable the technocrats to accomplish impactful research and innovations
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Our graduates will be able to
- Pursue a diverse range of careers in engineering, consultancy, and entrepreneurship.
- Contribute to continuous professional development through higher studies and life-long learning.
- Demonstrate their technical proficiency with ethical values and social responsibility.
- Innovate and provide solutions for ever-changing global environments with familiarity in computational platforms in electrical engineering.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PROBLEM ANALYSIS Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- MODERN TOOL USAGE Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- ETHICS Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- COMMUNICATION Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Apply the knowledge acquired in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to technological advancements.
- Identify suitable solutions for the design and control of electrical and electronic systems
From the HOD’s Desk
Greetings from the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Kumaraguru College of Technology (KCT). The innovative knowledge society needs constant continuous learning through new approaches endured with research and development towards the green energy. With this inspiration, department vision and mission are framed for producing well educated and committed technologists to meet the industrial needs and to serve our nation. The Smart work and sincerity are strong pillars of department success. I welcome wholeheartedly all stake holders to collaborate with us in building this valuable knowledge society.