Post Graduate Program in Product Design Engineering
Post Graduate Program in Product Design Engineering (PGPPDE)
Be it household products or electronics or spacecrafts, product design engineers play a key role in ideating and creating them in such a way that they touch everyday lives in profound ways. This has become an exciting, popular and a promising career choice for students who are inquisitive and passionate about innovations that revolutionise the market. In the pursuit of enhancing the graduate’s designing skills and preparing them to meet the industry requirements, KC.IRI has initiated this competency based skill development programme as a certified course, which acts as one elegant solution to handle any misalignment between the industry and academia.As such this program rigorously trains fresh engineering graduates by advancing their proficiency in a particular field and enriching their Interpersonal , Communication and Management skills.
What is Product Design Engineering?
Product design engineering is the process of designing and developing a device or a system such that it can be produced as a product for sale. Characteristics like cost, design and reliability are generally pursued in the attempt of making a smart product to its intended market and a successful contributor to the scope of the organization that intends to offer the product. It includes design, development, transitioning and manufacturing of the product. The term encompasses development of the idea and design of the product with its hardware components and software tools. After the initial design and development is done, production ramp-up is considered as a part of product engineering.
Why Product Design Engineering?
By studying Product Design Engineering, graduates will be put in a position to understand aesthetic and ergonomic design principles, industrial design, product development, with a strong emphasis on understanding the manufacturing processes needed for the products, and the underpinning engineering science to tell, how it all works. This allows for products to be developed in companies small and large across many different industrial sectors, or to start a company and develop their own product ranges.
- Project Based Learning
- In-depth learning of Design tools and Manufacturing Processes
- Product development competency through
- Reverse-Engineering process
- Product specification analysis
- Industrial design concepts
- DFX, FMEA, GD&T
- Proficiency in project management, product costing, testing and validation methods.
- Overview of Data Analytics, PLM/PDM, Tech-Pub and Embedded systems
- Expert trainers & faculty from industries
- Assured employment opportunities
- Graduates will be ready for the industry’s expectation
- Hands on experience of a industry project with knowledge imparted from Experts of the industry
- Techniques and methods of the industry in all aspects of product realization.
- Well versed in Advanced Design Tools, exposure to industries and its environments.
Eligibility and Application.
Qualification: B.E/B.Tech.in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Automobile/Production Engineering
- Aggregate of 70%
- No standing arrears
- 2017 and 2018 passed out.
Selection Process : (11th and 12th January 2019)
1. Written Test
2. Multiple Assessment Sessions
- Creativity and Innovation
- Design Capability
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management
3. Technical Interview
No. Of Seats: 20
Course Duration: 9 months
Course Commencement: 28th January 2019
Course Fees: ₹1.5 lakhs (Limited scholarships for deserving candidates).
Post Graduate Program in Product Design Engineering awarded by KCIRI.
Registration link: http://bit.do/kciri-pgppde
Registration Fee: ₹ 200
Registration Deadline: 31st December 2018, 23:59:59
EMAIL ID: email@example.com
MOBILE NO. +91 9498827813, 0422 2661100 / 1448
Kumaraguru Centre of Industrial Research and Innovation (KC.IRI)
KUMARAGURU COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
COIMBATORE, TAMIL NADU – 641049