- 2002-AICTE Travel grant for paper presentation on “Studies on modification of yarn surface by enzymatic hydrolysis” at the second International Conference on Biotechnology in Textile industry, The University of Georgia, Athens, USA
- 2003-First MoU with Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic for exchange of knowledge.
- 2003-First International Conference on “Advances in Textile Product, Process & Machinery Engineering” organized with Technical University, Liberec (Czech Republic).
- 2004-Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council Centre of Relevance and Excellence (TIFAC CORE) established in KCT (Rs.3.76 Crores).
- 2009-2010, 2011-2012, Students secured First Rank (gold medal) in the semester held during the same period under Anna University, Chennai.
- 2013 – Accreditation status awarded to B.Tech (Textile Technology) programme by NBA (AICTE) for 5 years with effect from 18.09.2013
Awards and Accolades
- Precitex Award – First mark in Spinning Technology subjects by Precitex, Mumbai
- NIIT Academic Excellence Award – Highest Marks in End Semester exam in First Appearance (III to VII Sem) among the current final year student
- Best Outgoing Student Award by KCT for both B.Tech & M.Tech students.
- Best Project Award by KCT for both B.Tech & M.Tech students.