- Established in 1984 with a UG programme in Mechanical engineering.
- Offers PG programme in Industrial Engineering from 1997.
- The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation – NBA (3 years) for 4 times.
- Offers PG programme in Energy Engineering from 2002.
- Double intake sanctioned from the year 2003 for UG programme.
- Offers PG programme in CAD/CAM from the year 2003.
- Recognized as Research center for PhD programme by Anna University from 2003.
- The department is NAAC Accredited.
Awards and Scholarships
- The students from final year Mechanical Engineering received best project awards and best outgoing student awards from CAMERON, India, for the last three academic years.
- Students having excellent academic track record, received Mahatma Gandhi Merit Scholarships from KCT.
- BAJA team secured 7th position in National level and achieved “Best Safety vehicle” position in BAJA 2015.
- Our QUADTORC team Secured 3rd position in off road design challenge QUADTORC-2015 in national level and 1st position in South India level.