- Established in 1984 with a UG programme in Mechanical engineering.
- Offers PG programme in Industrial Engineering from 1997.
- The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation – NBA (3 years) for 4 times.
- Offers PG programme in Energy Engineering from 2002.
- Double intake sanctioned from the year 2003 for UG programme.
- Offers PG programme in CAD/CAM from the year 2003.
- Recognized as Research center for PhD programme by Anna University from 2003.
- The department is NAAC Accredited.
Awards and Scholarships
Following are some of the recent notable awards achieved by our students.
- BAJA team secured 7th position in National level and achieved “Best Safety vehicle” position in BAJA 2015.
- QUADTORC team Secured 3rd position in off road design challenge QUADTORC-2015 in national level and 1st position in South India level.
- QBDC is a National Level event conducted by FMAE (FRATERNITY OF MECHANICAL AND AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERS). Legion team of our KCT secured the 1st place in the “KILL THE HILL” followed by Acceleration and Traction test and 2nd prize in Suspension test and also awarded for Best Aesthetics.
- Quad bike team of KCT won National championship in Quad bike competition 2017. The team also won the endurance test, fuel economy test. They also secured second place in acceleration test, kill the hill test and traction test. The event was held at Chandpur near Meerut UP. Cash Award of Rs. 1.6 Lakhs. Quadtorc is an event organised by ISNEE (Indian Society Of New Era Engineers)